Next Birthday : Tuesday, August 20, 2024
Jaco-Albert van Gass is a prominent British para-cycling track racer originally hailing from South Africa, born on August 20, 1986. Currently he is 37 years, 1 month, 12 days old. His remarkable journey began when he relocated to the United Kingdom at the age of 20, where he joined the British Armed Forces. After completing his training, he became a part of the Parachute Regiment in mid-2007.
In 2009, a life-altering incident occurred during his second deployment to Afghanistan. A rocket-propelled grenade tragically took his lower left arm, punctured internal organs, collapsed a lung, and caused shrapnel injuries along with leg fractures. This event marked a profound turning point in his life.
Jaco-Albert van Gass’s Age, Wiki, Wife, Girlfriend, Family, Photos, Networth, Height, Religion, Caste, Weight and More
Despite the adversity he faced, Jaco van Gass displayed remarkable resilience and determination. His introduction to para-cycling was a testament to his unwavering spirit. Notably, he achieved tremendous success at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, securing two gold and one bronze medal. Furthermore, Jaco van Gass holds three world records in track cycling.
Ethnically, he is classified as White, and as of 2023, he is 37 years old. His dedication to sports and adventure extends beyond cycling. He mastered skiing and competed with the Combined Services Disabled Ski Team. In 2011, he achieved the remarkable feat of becoming the first South African to ascend Manaslu, the world’s eighth-highest peak, towering at 8,164 meters. While bad weather thwarted his attempt to conquer Mount Everest in 2012, he has also conquered marathons.
In December 2013, Jaco van Gass and other disabled servicemen, alongside Prince Harry, embarked on a 335-kilometer march to the South Pole. Their noble endeavor raised £1.5 million for Walking With The Wounded, contributing significantly to sports rehabilitation for wounded troops.
His journey as a cyclist officially began in 2013 when he joined the Paralympic Development Programme. The subsequent year, in September 2014, he clinched two cycling gold medals at the Invictus Games. His remarkable achievements led to his inclusion in British Cycling’s Paralympic Academy Programme in 2014.
Jaco van Gass made his debut at the UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships in 2015, securing the seventh position in the solo pursuit and the eighth position in the 1,000-meter time trial. Notably, at the 2016 UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships in Montichiari, Italy, he secured a bronze in the scratch race. In 2018, he added another achievement by claiming third place in the individual pursuit at the UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships in Rio. His prowess further shone in 2020 with a silver in pursuit and gold in kilo, scratch race, and omnium.
The pinnacle of his cycling career arrived at the 2020 Summer Paralympics, where Jaco van Gass clinched gold and bronze medals in various categories, including the men’s solo pursuit C3, mixed team sprint C1’5, and time trial C1’3. These remarkable contributions to the world of cycling earned him the distinction of being awarded an MBE in the 2022 New Year Honors.
|Stage Name||Jaco-Albert van Gass|
|Net Worth||Yet To Update|
|Date of Birth||Wednesday, August 20, 1986|
|Birth Place||Middelburg, South Africa|
|Currently Residing In (Address)||UK|
|Favorite Food||British Dishes|
Relationship, Affairs And Family:
Jaco van Gass follows the Christian faith, and in February 2022, he celebrated a significant personal milestone by marrying Kathryn Pringle, a 28-year-old web developer.
|Girlfriend (s)||– Pringle|
|Wife (s)||Kathryn Pringle|
|Parents||Father : – YTK
Mother: – YTK
|Siblings||Brother(s) : –
Sister(s) : –
|Favorite Actress||Emma Watson|
|Favorite Actor||United Kingdom|
Physical Characteristics & Traits:
Physically, he possesses an attractive physique and stands at an approximate height of 5 feet 10 inches, with a weight of around 65 kilograms. His financial success is underscored by an estimated net worth of 4-5 million USD as of 2023.
|Body Measurements (Approx.)||
Career, Assets, Educational Qualification :
|Schooling||– Neighborhood School|
|University or College||– Yet To Know|
- Jaco-Albert van Gass’s journey to success is a testament to his remarkable resilience. Despite a life-altering injury during his military service, he persevered and emerged as a celebrated para-cycling track racer.
- His outstanding performance at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, where he secured two gold and one bronze medals, marked a significant highlight in his sporting career.
- Jaco van Gass boasts an impressive achievement of holding three world records in track cycling, a testament to his exceptional skill and dedication.
- He made history as the first South African to conquer Manaslu, one of the world’s highest peaks at 8,164 meters, showcasing his adventurous spirit and determination.
- Jaco van Gass’s participation in a 335-kilometer march to the South Pole alongside Prince Harry and other disabled servicemen raised £1.5 million for the noble cause of sports rehabilitation for wounded troops.
- His athletic prowess extends beyond cycling, as he has also participated in marathons, demonstrating his versatility in sports.
- Jaco van Gass’s journey from adversity to sporting success is truly inspirational, serving as a source of motivation for individuals facing challenges.
- While his sporting achievements are remarkable, he also pursued academic excellence during his journey.
- His contributions to cycling and sports earned him the prestigious title of Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2022 New Year Honors.
- In February 2022, Jaco van Gass celebrated a significant personal milestone by marrying Kathryn Pringle, adding a delightful chapter to his life.
Social Links, Contact Number and Email
|Social Profiles||| | | | | | ||
|Contact/Phone Number||Yet To Update|
|Favorite Place||United Kingdom|